President’s Message – December 2017
As this year comes to a close, I want to thank you all for allowing me the opportunity to lead our chapter. It has truly been an honor to serve you and I am proud of all that we have accomplished. I hope that you had a chance over this past year to participate in some of our educational and leadership development programs and social events. Our dedicated Board of Directors and volunteers worked extremely hard to develop these exceptional programs and have positioned us well to reach our goals for the year.
We have had many accomplishments and milestones to be noted this year, some of which included:
- For the first time ever, we met our goal for index attendee hours for chapter programs. Thank you to our Programs Chairs and to members for your attendance!
- We provided 12 Face to Face credit opportunities this year
- Held another successful California Chapter reception at ACHE Congress for the second year.
- Had our first ever, and very successful, Chapter Career Development Summit, which was funded my our recently awarded ACHE Innovation Grant.
- Designated two Career Edge Ambassadors who will be trained to assist members with utilizing the ACHE Career Edge Resources
- Held another successful year of ASG and Executive Programs
- Started an Annual Professional Development Scholarship to honor our beloved Kathi Lencioni
- Carrie Owen Plietz, FACHE, from the ACHE Board of Governors, joined us at our HCE/SOHL Joint Networking Event this year
- We had a great event in Imperial County
- We had our 9th Annual SOHL Conference back in October, which was our most highly attended. Thank you all who joined us for a riveting conversation about Healthcare Innovation for Value!
Looking towards the future of our chapter, I see many more great things to come. I am excited to have Darrell Atkin, a devoted and long time member of our Board of Directors, as the incoming President for 2018. I know that Darrell will help to make the best decisions for SOHL and will take our chapter to new heights. I also want to congratulate those who are slated for the 2018 Board of Directors. I think we have a great new leadership team to tackle the next challenges and are at a very strong point for building on this year’s success.
Thank you to our sponsors who make it possible for us to provide the high quality programs and the opportunities for you to make the most of your membership.
Please keep up to date with us on our SOHL Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram pages, as well as our website, sohl.achechapter.org. We also send out weekly emails, so keep an eye out for those as well. Thank you again for your engagement, your ideas, and your commitment to ACHE and your profession this year.
SOHL Chapter President
We are pleased to present our Platinum Sponsors