Facing the Drug Crisis: Politics, Costs, Consequences and Solutions
Join us at SOHL’s annual conference to hear representatives from government,
healthcare, public health, law enforcement, pharma and advocacy share their
insights about America’s drug crisis.
The Honorable Mary Bono – Former U.S. congresswoman from California, Principal at Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting, co-founder of the Collaborative for Effective Prescription Opioid Policies (CEPOP).
Roneet Lev, MD FACEP – Chief, Emergency Department Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego, Chair, San Diego Prescription Drug Abuse Medical Task Force,
President, Independent Emergency Physicians Consortium.
Sherrie Rubin – Parent advocate, founder of Hope2gether Foundation (dedicated
to reducing and preventing prescription drug addiction, overdoses and deaths).
U.S. Congressman Scott Peters (D) – Represents California’s 52nd Congressional District, member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee (advocates
for investment in basic scientific research and commonsense healthcare reforms).
4.5 ACHE Face-to-Face
12 ACHE CEUs
Click here to Register
Registration now open for the SOHL 9th Annual Conference!
- Date: Friday, October 27, 2017
- Time: 7am – 5pm
- Venue: Scripps Schaetzel Center, La Jolla
- Parking: Underground parking facility west of the Schaetzel Center. A sticker will be provided at day-of registration.
- ACHE Face to Face Credits: 4.5
- Food: Tickets includes lunch, snacks, and a networking reception
Program Topics and Full Speaker List
How Patients Perceive Value
- Christy Dempsey, MBA, MSN, SVP & CNO – Press Ganey
Digitally Transforming to Achieve Value
- Andy Crowder, CHCIO, CIO – Scripps Health
- Larry Stofko, Executive Vice President – The Innovation Institute
- Christopher Longhurst, MD, MS, CIO – UCSD Health
- Albert Oriol, VP and CIO – Rady Children’s Hospital
Partnerships and Pilots Resulting in Value
- Emma Hoo, Director of Value-Based Purchasing – Pacific Business Group on Health
New Care Models Resulting in Value-Based Returns
- Richard Barager, MD, FACP, Partner – Balboa Nephrology Medical Group
- Loren Novak, D.O., Medical Director – San Luis Rey Medical Group
- Dr. Pouya Afshar, CMO – Integrated Healthcare Alliance
- Barbara Price, MBA, Corporate VP & Chief Executive of the ACO – Scripps Health
New Medical Education Models
- Nick Macchione, Director – County of San Diego Health and Human Services
- Willa Fields, Professor – Graduate Nursing Leadership in Health Systems SDSU
- Maria Savoia, MD, Dean of Medical Education – UCSD School of Medicine
- Tyler Smith, PhD, Chair for the Dept. of Community Health – School of Health & Human Services, National University
Early Bird – Before September 22nd
- Early Bird Student – $75
- Early Bird Military – $85
- Early Bird Regular Member – $95
- Early Bird Non-Members – $115
On/After September 22nd
- Student – $100
- Military – $100
- Regular Members – $115
- Non-Members – $140