- This event has passed.
UPDATE – The Kathleen R. Lencioni Career Development Scholarship!
Our scholarship commemorates the life and career of Kathi Lencioni, a beloved friend and colleague to the ACHE community. Kathi was past CEO of Sharp Mesa Vista in San Diego, CA as well as past ACHE Regent for Region 5. Kathi left her mark on many healthcare professionals as a mentor and avid advocate of career development. The San Diego Organization of Healthcare Leaders (SOHL) is proud to honor her legacy with one (1) $1000.00 scholarship annually to a SOHL Member seeking advancement in their career.
With the generosity of Tony Lencioni, son of Kathy Lencioni, we have a match for the initial SOHL scholarship of $500, increasing the total award to $1000! Thank you Tony and the Lencioni Family for your interest in creating an even larger opportunity to develop one SOHL member’s career this year!
The Kathleen R. Lencioni Career Development scholarship will be a competitive scholarship open to all active SOHL members in good standing with ACHE interested in advancing their career. The scholarship can be used toward a professional development activity.
Professional development activities could include, but are not limited to:
- ACHE, SOHL, or other educational seminars, workshops, or conferences (registration or travel)
- Certification or Licensure Costs
- Career Coaching
Each applicant must first complete the 3 Step ACHE Career Edge Framework (see attached powerpoint CareerEDGE Overview ). This is free to ACHE members and can be found online to help build a career plan. Applicant must then write a personal statement (2 pages max) to include:
- Summary of their Career Edge Strategic Career Plan
- Description of how and when the scholarship funds will be used to meet the goals outlined in career plan
- Description of financial need
- Description of Service and Volunteerism to the healthcare community and/or service to the local SOHL chapter
Applicants must be in good standing with ACHE and a member for at least one (1) year. Please also include your resume with the personal statement.
Timeline and Process:
Each application will be reviewed a SOHL Scholarship Review Committee. The scholarship will be awarded based creation of an exemplary developed career plan, financial need, and involvement in the healthcare community.
- SOHL will accept applications until January 26th, 2018. Please send all application materials (Resume and Personal Statement) to email@example.com by the deadline.
- Scholarship will be awarded to one (1) recipient and will be notified no later than January 15th, 2018.
- SOHL will honor The Kathleen R. Lencioni Career Development Scholarship Awardee at the January Membership Appreciation Event (end of January).
- Funds will be sent by check with proof of purchase for chosen career development activity. Career development activity must be completed in the 2018 calendar year.
Thank you for your interest in advancing your healthcare career!
If you have any questions, please contact Vicki Shumulinsky, Past President of SOHL, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-533-5033.