- This event has passed.
Illegal and Unethical Practices in Addiction Care: Learn What You Can Do About It
July 30 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree - $30
Summary of Program:
Patient brokering. Fraudulent billing. Kickbacks. Unfortunately, unethical business practices are all too common in the addiction treatment industry today. These deceptive practices tarnish the reputation of the addiction field and imperil consumers who are desperate for help and care.
Join an expert from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation— Vice President of Business Development Bob Poznanovich—for a much-needed discussion about ethical practices and consumer protection in addiction treatment. You will:
- Gain a better understanding of the nature and scope of the problem.
- Learn how to identify when a business practice may be illegal or unethical so you and your organization can be part of the solution.
- Learn about the field’s regulatory history and existing consumer protections under the law.
- Hear what the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is doing to address the issue and advocate for improvements.
- Learn how you and your organization can be part of the solution.
Bob Poznanovich, VP of Business Development at the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation, manages relations with professional referents, managed care and insurance organizations, and other strategic national accounts. Poznanovich co-founded and was the CEO of AIR, Inc., a behavioral health organization, before joining the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation.
He is co-author of It Is Not Okay to Be a Cannibal….How to Stop Addiction from Eating Your Family Alive, a Hazelden Publishing title.
Date: Tuesday, July 30, 2019
Time: 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
5:30 pm – 6:00 pm – Registration and Networking
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm – Presentation and Breakout Sessions
Location: AMN Healthcare Auditorium, 12400 High Bluff Dr., San Diego, CA 92130
SOHL Board Members- Use Promo Code