- This event has passed.
2019 SOHL Kathleen R Lencioni Career Development Scholarship
December 31, 2018
Kathleen Reilly Lencioni (1953-2017)
Our scholarship commemorates the life and career of Kathi Lencioni, a beloved friend and colleague to the ACHE community. Kathi was past CEO of Sharp Mesa Vista in San Diego, CA as well as past ACHE Regent for Region 5. Kathi left her mark on many healthcare professionals as a mentor and avid advocate of career development. The San Diego Organization of Healthcare Leaders (SOHL) is proud to honor her legacy with one (1) $2000 scholarship annually to a SOHL Member seeking advancement in their career. SOHL thanks the generous matches provided by Tony Lencioni, son of Kathi, and Jim Reilly brother of Kathi, with support of Kathi’s other siblings.
The Kathleen R. Lencioni Career Development scholarship will be a competitive scholarship open to all active SOHL members in good standing with ACHE interested in advancing their career. The scholarship can be used toward a professional development activity.
Professional development activities could include, but are not limited to:
- ACHE, SOHL, or other educational seminars, workshops, or conferences (including tuition and travel)
- Certification or Licensure Costs
- Career Coaching
Each applicant must first complete the 3 Step ACHE Career Edge Framework. Additional resources in Appendix to assist applications with the Career Edge Framework and Resources. This is free to ACHE members and can be found online to help build a career plan.
Applicant must then write a personal statement (2 pages max) to include:
- Summary of their Career Edge Strategic Career Plan
- Description of how and when the scholarship funds will be used to meet the goals outlined in career plan
- Description of financial need
- Description of Service and Volunteerism to the healthcare community and/or service to the local SOHL chapter
Applicants must be in good standing with ACHE and a member for at least one (1) year. Please also include your resume with the personal statement.
Timeline and Process:
Each application will be reviewed by a SOHL Scholarship Review Committee. The scholarship will be awarded based creation of an exemplary developed career plan, financial need, and involvement in the healthcare community.
- SOHL will accept applications until December 31st, 2018. Please send all application materials (Resume and Personal Statement) to email@example.com by the deadline.
- Scholarship will be awarded to one (1) recipient and will be notified no later than January 15, 2019.
- SOHL will honor The Kathleen R. Lencioni Career Development Scholarship Awardee at a 2019 SOHL event
- Funds will be sent by check with proof of purchase for chosen career development activity. Career development activity must be completed in the 2019 calendar year.
Thank you for your interest in advancing your healthcare career!
If you have any questions, please contact Vicki Shumulinsky, Past President and Volunteer Coordinator of SOHL, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-533-5033.
- Link to the ACHE CareerEDGE Overview PowerPoint
- Video and Main Website- http://www.ache.org/newclub/career/CareerEDGE-FAQ.cfm
- ACHE conducts webinars monthly on CareerEdge. The next one is Wednesday, November 7th at 12:30pm CT. This event is free, but registration is required. RSVP via CareerEDGE@ache.org.
- There have been additional resources added to the ACHE website. When the scholarship applicant searches the site, you will see these resources including a $250 career coaching offer within the Career Edge framework. The following link more fully describes this opportunity. Recipients of the Kathleen Lencioni Career Development Scholarship may use funds for this career coaching: http://www.ache.org/CareerServices/workshop_detail.aspx?prd_code=CRC_Coach